Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Homestead Blogging, The Latest Fad

Apparently we're just "sheep" or "conformers"...this whole homesteading thing we're doing is really nothing more than the latest fad.  At least that's kind of what I thought after looking at all the links shared in a Facebook post Theresa tagged me in yesterday.  The post was from an urban farm blogger offering suggestions for how to be more successful at blogging and asked followers to share a link to their blog.  Maybe I'm just assuming it's the latest fad and really it's simply because the page's following base would be urban or small farmers and we're just in that audience group like the others that shared their links.  Either way it doesn't really matter much.  I'm not looking to earn income off blogging nor do I feel the need to become a blogging pro.

I honestly started this blog as a way to share what we're doing with family and friends rather than create a customer base as a writer or blogger.  I'm not as good of a business person as my beautiful wife, I don't have the personality nor the patience to work with satisfying customers on a regular basis.  Theresa on the other hand has a wonderful personality, far more outgoing, and much better at working with people from a customer service perspective than I.  I actually enjoy my day job, and for a variety of reasons, but mainly because I get to routinely help people in support of using computers and systems on a regular basis.  Generally I simply enjoy helping people.  I suppose the benefits and income working for a premier employer in the area also has its draw as well, but honestly I'm fortunate to work with a lot of good people at my day job.  Don't get me wrong, if I could farm full-time and make a reasonable living I'd gladly hang up the day job because I enjoy the farm labor.  I like to keep myself busy.

I see our farm as a lifestyle, a way of living that I've always dreamed about and for years thought I'd never get to here--living on the farm.  If sharing any of our experiences with how we're living and how we got here helps others, that would be great too.  As far as blogging goes, the only improvements I'd like to see for myself would be in my writing ability.  How can I improve my writing to entertain and engage, that's what I want for myself and for anyone reading my posts.  Are you excited yet?  Have I made your day?  Did you read anything entertaining, inspiring, or useful?

Getting positive responses from those questions is my blogging goal in general and success is actually completing a post, whew, got that one done!

If you came here thinking you'd learn something about homesteading being the latest fad, well sorry to disappoint.  Here' all you'll find are bullshit posts about stuff we're doing or random thoughts and who knows what.  Pretty sure everything is a fad nowadays!

What I really hope to be doing more of is leather work, so once we get caught up on the renovations that we've already run out of money for I'll focus my attention on some leather projects...after fishing and horsing around of coarse.  Here's a pic of Victoria sporting one of my first leather projects I did a few years ago of a holster I made for my black powder pistol.  She was participating in a steam punk photo shoot with professional photographer Leanna Weber.

Victoria as Steam Punk Buffalo Gal
See what I did there, started blogging about blogging and drifted straight back to other stuff.  You've got to keep up if you want to read my posts!





No comments:

Post a Comment